Japanese grinding stones as combination sets
- Combi sets are designed for customers who want to be fully equipped and ready for all grinding needs
- For normal use of the knives and normal wear, a set of two whetstones with medium and fine grit should be sufficient to keep the knives in sharp condition at all times
- In the case of very worn blades or damage to the blade, coarser grits must be used in order to achieve the appropriate material removal
With the combination sets, it is important to consider which steels are to be ground
- We recommend different combination sets for different steels in order to have the right whetstone at hand for the respective knife and the individual grinding experience of the customer
- Some whetstones provide extreme sharpness, but are susceptible to damage if used incorrectly.
- We recommend that you read our product descriptions carefully in order to select the right combination set for the knife steel you have chosen.
- Our combination sets offer the advantage that individual stones from the set can be purchased in principle if one of the included stones should wear out more quickly than the other stone due to frequent use.